Before proceeding to apply for a student loan, You must be a duly Matriculated Student of a Nigerian University evidenced by an Admission Letter and a Matriculation Number.
Please have the following basic requirements before registering and applying for a student loan.
1. FOR ONLINE APPLICANTS
To qualify for the loan, students must have complied with the following:
Complete an application form online at byshelb.ng
1. Upload all necessary documents required in the online application form
2. Download and print out 2 (two) guarantor’s forms
3. Submit the duly completed guarantor’s forms online
4. Submit application form upon completion online
This shall involve compliance with online registration by all eligible students from Bayelsa State origin, in tertiary institutions in Nigeria, through Bayelsa State Higher Education Student Loan Board’s website: www.byshelb.ng.
When eligible students have successfully completed the registration process, the Board shall disburse the applicable loans via e-payment mode, directly to the respective student’s nominated institutions.
2. FOR OFFLINE APPLICANTS ( OFFICE SUBMISSION)
1. Download and print-out the application form.
2. Download and print-out 2 (two) guarantor’s forms.
3. Attach 2 (two) passport photographs to the completed application form
4. Attach all necessary documents required in the application form before submission.
5. Submit the duly completed application form and guarantor’s forms to our office in the following address. Education House, #1, Old Water Board Road, Ovom, beside Samson Siasia Sports Complex, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.